The Regional Knowledge Hub on Migration is a platform that allows easy access to relevant and useful information on human mobility in the region of Central America, North America and the Caribbean.
This Hub offers valuable insights from IOM's lengthy experience in fieldwork, supporting states and migrants in overcoming the challenges of the region and providing opportunities for development. The goal of this Hub is to share this knowledge and create a community that actively contributes to a better management of human mobility.
The contents of the Hub are divided into six sections:
- A Data Center which facilitates access to repositories with statistical information and tools for the development of evidence-based policies.
- A section of Good Practices that collects IOM’s successful experiences for the development of new initiatives.
- The Virtual Library on Migration provides access to documents and research published by different IOM missions in the region, as well as access to related repositories of other United Nations agencies, academia and civil society.
- E-campus, the IOM platform for online courses and migration training materials, which offers more than 20 courses in Spanish, English and French.
- A section of Knowledge Products that offers methodologies developed by IOM, to be implemented and facilitate migratory governance
- CoM, the section with the strategies, campaigns and communication products on migration, which offers organizations and governments the best communication resources on human mobility from a human rights perspective
Who are we?
This HUB is an initiative by the IOM Regional Office for Central America, North America and the Caribbean.
The HUB offers capacity development tools to all those who want to expand their knowledge about migration. It focuses on:
- Creating communities of knowledge on migration related issues.
- Facilitating decision-making on migration governance that is based on evidence.
- Contributing to the understanding of human mobility in the region and learning the best practices for its humane and orderly management.
Subscribe to the HUB